DutchtownSTL.org aims to provide you with the most up-to-date information and resources available to our neighbors. On this page you can find out about City of St. Louis services and departments, plus other resources for people who live and work in Dutchtown. Find out how to access resources, resolve issues, contact elected officials, and more.
City Services: Citizens’ Service Bureau
The Citizens’ Service Bureau (CSB) is the City of St. Louis’s clearinghouse for day-to-day city service issues. When you have a non-emergency issue in St. Louis, your first contact should be the CSB. Call the CSB for issues with the following all sorts of issues.
The vast majority of issues with city services can be handled by the CSB, and when they can’t help you directly they will help you find the right department to ask. When in doubt, start with the Citizens’ Service Bureau.
Find in-depth information and instructions on filing a request in our guide to the Citizens’ Service Bureau.
Ongoing Issues: Neighborhood Improvement Specialists
The Neighborhood Improvement Specialist serves as a liaison between residents and city services when a more intensive process is required. Neighborhood Improvement Specialists (also known as NISs, NSOs, or Neighborhood Stabilization Officers) work with the Problem Properties Unit of the St. Louis Police Department to abate ongoing nuisances, communicate with elected officials, and travel their assigned wards proactively pursuing problems.
The following NISs are assigned to the Dutchtown area as of this writing:
- Ward 9 & Ward 20 NIS Barb Potts
PottsB@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 657-1370
- Ward 11 & Ward 13 NIS Kathryn Woodard
WoodardK@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 657-1355
- Ward 25 NIS Christian Saller
SallerC@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 657-1375
St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department
The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department‘s First and Third Districts serve the Dutchtown area.
Call 911, or (314) 231-1212 for non-emergencies. When in doubt, call 911.
If you’re calling to report an ongoing nuisance, please make sure to use the correct address of the nuisance property — nuisance reports are tracked by address, and correct information helps NISs and the Problem Properties Unit to build cases against the property owner or residents.
We’ve compiled in-depth information on who, where, and when to call for police services in Dutchtown. Learn more about how to contact police, what district you reside in and who your local commander is, who to contact in case of a non-emergency, and more.
St. Louis Fire Department
Call 911 for service or 314-533-3406 for general questions. Call the general line if you need to request a smoke detector. Less urgent fire safety issues can be reported to the Citizens’ Service Bureau at (314) 622-4800.
Non-Emergency Community Resources
Some situations may not call for a police response. Below are some community resources to consult in the case of a non-emergency situation.
Mental Health Resources
- Safe Connections 24/7 Crisis Line
- Provident Counseling 24/7 Crisis Line
- Behavioral Health Response
- Places for People
- Homeless Hotline
- United Way
- Metropolitan Coalition for the Homeless
- Homeless Shelter Directory
- Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline
- St. Louis Crisis Nursery
- Kids Under 21
- Youth Connection Helpline
314-819-8802 or 1-844-985-8282
Substance Abuse Resources
Domestic Violence Resources
- ALIVE: Alternatives to Living in Violent Environments
- Safe Connections
- The Women’s Safe House
- Family Justice Center
Other Community Resources
- Crime Victim Center
- Elder Abuse Hotline
- St. Louis Queer+ Support Helpline
314-380-7774 or 1-844-785-7774
Neighborhood and Business Associations in Dutchtown
A number of organizations in the Dutchtown area serve to bring residents together, improve quality of life in the area, and promote neighborhood businesses.
- Dutchtown West Neighborhood Association
- Gravois Park Neighborhood Association
- Marine Villa Neighborhood Association
- Mount Pleasant Neighborhood Association
Other Neighborhood Organizations
- Cherokee Street Community Improvement District
- DT2 • Downtown Dutchtown
- Dutchtown Community Improvement District
- Dutchtown South Community Corporation
Resources for Businesses in Dutchtown
Visit dutchtownstl.org/business to find a list of resources specifically tailored towards small businesses in Dutchtown and throughout the City of St. Louis. We’ve got useful government contacts for starting or operating your business. We’re also producing handy walkthrough guides to show you more ways to generate business.
Elected Officials in Dutchtown
Contact your local elected officials including Aldermen, Missouri State Representatives, Missouri Senators, U.S. Representatives, and U.S. Senators.
St. Louis Board of Aldermen
- Ward 25 Alderman Shane Cohn
CohnS@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 622-3287
Serving the northwest, central, and southern portions of Dutchtown
- Ward 20 Alderwoman Cara Spencer
SpencerC@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 622-3287
Serving the northeast portion of Dutchtown and all of Gravois Park
- Ward 9 Alderman Dan Guenther
GuentherD@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 622-3287
Serving Marine Villa and Mount Pleasant
- Ward 13 Alderwoman Beth Murphy
MurphyB@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 589-6836
Serving the southwestern tip of Dutchtown
- Ward 11 Alderwoman Sarah Martin
MartinS@stlouis-mo.gov • (314) 622-3287
Serving the southern end of Mount Pleasant
Unsure of which ward you’re in? Look up your address on the City’s website.
Missouri House & Senate
- District 81 State Rep. Steve Butz: serving the majority of Dutchtown
- District 80 State Rep. Peter Meredith: serving the northwest portion of Dutchtown
- District 78 State Rep. Rasheen Aldridge: serving the northeast portion of Dutchtown
- Find your State Representative on Missouri’s website
- District 5 Senator Jamilah Nasheed: serving all of Dutchtown
United States House of Representatives & Senate
- Billing: (314) 622-4179
- Open hydrants or running water: (314) 771-4880
- Customer service: (314) 771-2255
- Billing: (314) 622-4179
- Customer service (CSB): (314) 622-4800
Ameren Missouri (Electric)
- Billing: (866) 268-3729
- Downed power lines: (800) 552-7583
- Customer service: (800) 552-7583
Spire Energy (Natural Gas)
- Billing: (800) 887-4173
- Report a gas leak: 911 or (800) 887-4173
- Customer service: (800) 887-4173
- Billing: (866) 281-5737
- Customer service: (314) 768-6260
Is there something missing from our guide to neighborhood and city resources? Please let us know and we’ll try to help you find what you need and add it to our list here.