DutchtownSTL.org aims to provide you with the most up-to-date information and resources available to our neighbors. On this page you can find out about City of St. Louis services and departments, plus other resources for people who live and work in Dutchtown. Find out how to access resources, resolve issues, contact elected officials, and more.

City Services: Citizens’ Service Bureau

The Citizens’ Service Bureau (CSB) is the City of St. Louis’s clearinghouse for day-to-day city service issues. When you have a non-emergency issue in St. Louis, your first contact should be the CSB. Call the CSB for issues with the following all sorts of issues.

You can call the CSB at (314) 622-4800, email csb@stlouis-mo.gov, visit the CSB website, or tweet at @stlcsb to report an issue or request a service.

The vast majority of issues with city services can be handled by the CSB, and when they can’t help you directly they will help you find the right department to ask. When in doubt, start with the Citizens’ Service Bureau.

Find in-depth information and instructions on filing a request in our guide to the Citizens’ Service Bureau.

Ongoing Issues: Neighborhood Improvement Specialists

The Neighborhood Improvement Specialist serves as a liaison between residents and city services when a more intensive process is required. Neighborhood Improvement Specialists (also known as NISs, NSOs, or Neighborhood Stabilization Officers) work with the Problem Properties Unit of the St. Louis Police Department to abate ongoing nuisances, communicate with elected officials, and travel their assigned wards proactively pursuing problems.

The following NISs are assigned to the Dutchtown area as of this writing:

Find out more about Neighborhood Improvement Specialists.

Emergency Services

St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department

Map of St. Louis Police districts in Dutchtown.
Police districts in Dutchtown.

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department‘s First and Third Districts serve the Dutchtown area.

Call 911, or (314) 231-1212 for non-emergencies. When in doubt, call 911.

If you’re calling to report an ongoing nuisance, please make sure to use the correct address of the nuisance property — nuisance reports are tracked by address, and correct information helps NISs and the Problem Properties Unit to build cases against the property owner or residents.

We’ve compiled in-depth information on who, where, and when to call for police services in Dutchtown. Learn more about how to contact police, what district you reside in and who your local commander is, who to contact in case of a non-emergency, and more.

St. Louis Fire Department

Call 911 for service or 314-533-3406 for general questions. Call the general line if you need to request a smoke detector. Less urgent fire safety issues can be reported to the Citizens’ Service Bureau at (314) 622-4800.

Non-Emergency Community Resources

Some situations may not call for a police response. Below are some community resources to consult in the case of a non-emergency situation.

Mental Health Resources

Shelter Resources

Youth Resources

Substance Abuse Resources

Domestic Violence Resources

Other Community Resources

Neighborhood and Business Associations in Dutchtown

A number of organizations in the Dutchtown area serve to bring residents together, improve quality of life in the area, and promote neighborhood businesses.

Neighborhood Associations

Other Neighborhood Organizations

Resources for Businesses in Dutchtown

Visit dutchtownstl.org/business to find a list of resources specifically tailored towards small businesses in Dutchtown and throughout the City of St. Louis. We’ve got useful government contacts for starting or operating your business. We’re also producing handy walkthrough guides to show you more ways to generate business.

Elected Officials in Dutchtown

Contact your local elected officials including Aldermen, Missouri State Representatives, Missouri Senators, U.S. Representatives, and U.S. Senators.

Map of City wards in the Dutchtown area. Find your St. Louis alderman here.
Aldermanic wards in Dutchtown.

St. Louis Board of Aldermen

Unsure of which ward you’re in? Look up your address on the City’s website.

Missouri House & Senate

United States House of Representatives & Senate

Utility Services

City of St. Louis Water Division

  • Billing: (314) 622-4179
  • Open hydrants or running water: (314) 771-4880
  • Customer service: (314) 771-2255

City of St. Louis Refuse Division

  • Billing: (314) 622-4179
  • Customer service (CSB): (314) 622-4800

Ameren Missouri (Electric)

  • Billing: (866) 268-3729
  • Downed power lines: (800) 552-7583
  • Customer service: (800) 552-7583

Spire Energy (Natural Gas)

  • Billing: (800) 887-4173
  • Report a gas leak: 911 or (800) 887-4173
  • Customer service: (800) 887-4173

Metropolitan Sewer District

  • Billing: (866) 281-5737
  • Customer service: (314) 768-6260

Is there something missing from our guide to neighborhood and city resources? Please let us know and we’ll try to help you find what you need and add it to our list here.